This week my blog Writing Tips, Thoughts, and Whims was nominated twice for the Versatile Blogger award by two bloggers I greatly admire. Thank you, So Much To Write, So Little Time and 365 Things to Wrote About. If you don’t follow them already, visit their site. I think you’ll be as impressed as I am with their informative and inspiring blogs.
My other blog, Living Lightly Upon this Earth, has received several awards since I started it in March. However, this is the first award for my writing blog, and I’m delighted.
As a requirement for accepting this award, I’m supposed to provide seven random things about myself and tag 15 other blogs I admire. I hope you’ll visit the other sites. While I follow quite a few blogs, I’m going to stick to ones strictly about writing. We writers must stick together. I truly believe when one of us succeeds, we only move a step forward.
Random things about me:
- I begin most of my drafts on a legal pad with a very sharp pencil. I might only write a paragraph this way, but it’s the way I start all major works.
- I like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with a wedge of sharp cheddar cheese and a cold glass of milk for lunch.
- I suffer from directional dyslexia (my term). I have a tough time distinguishing left from right, front from back, etc. I have a letter I wrote to Santa when I was eight asking for my “two back teeth.”
- Numbers and I do not get along. We’ve been at war since junior high school.
- Words are my friends.
- I believe algebra should be outlawed because it just isn’t right to create formulas using letters, numbers, and punctuation as if it was a real sentence!
- I have a weird sense of humor. My best friends are the ones who laugh at anything I say even if they don’t understand what I mean.
Tagging those favorite blogs now. Stop by and leave them a comment – we all need comments!
- The Neophyte Writer
- Kana’s Chronicles
- Hazy Shades of Me
- Kate Brauning
- Katie Jennings
- Jodi Ambrose’s blog
- Novel Girl
- The Stobe
- Staci Troilo
- Kristen Lamb’s Blog
- Rosalie Squires
- Charrion’s Chatter
- 3rd Rock in the Sun
There are so many other inspiring blogs out there; I know I’ve left some of my favorites out. Congratulations to you all for doing what you can to expand and explore our craft.